Data center cooling solutions
Data centers are dedicated facilities for business IT servers, which demand massive amounts of power and generate a great deal of heat. Data center cooling has to be managed carefully to optimise performance of the equipment, as well as managing the enormous environmental impact of these energy consuming facilities. To reduce in the power consumption in data centers, this will depend on highly efficient server cooling systems, especially those that utilise ‘free cooling’.
What is free cooling?
Free cooling uses cold air from outside to assist in chilling water for data center air conditioning systems. When the ambient air temperature drops below a set point, all or part of the chilled water bypasses the existing chiller and runs through the free cooling system, using less power.
Why is free cooling so energy efficient?
When outside temperatures are +2°C or lower, the chiller compressors are fully shut down and cooling is almost for free. This dramatically reduces the load on the system and cuts energy consumption by up to 75%, as well as prolonging the lifespan of the chiller.
Reduced carbon footprint
Because free cooling chillers use the colder outside air to pre-cool the water used in datacenter cooling, they reduce the environmental impact of the system, helping deliver the EU’s energy targets while improving your company’s green profile.
Total system reliability
Data centers operate continuously throughout the year and require fast restart times in event of equipment failure. Daikin offers efficient data center cooling solutions that reach full load capacity in a very short time, maintaining high performance standards to avoid system failure.
Daikin offers efficient server cooling solutions for data centres. Free cooling systems deliver 100% cooling load when the outside temperature is +2°C.
A wide range of capacities, sound levels, options and accessories is available, to create a data center cooling system tailored to your needs.
- Visit our Business Partners area and see how Daikin provides a single point of contact for a whole building solution, offering expert support and dedicated software tools for specifiers, plus simplified commissioning and maintenance for installers.
Air handling units
optimise air conditions within data centres
- Optimal control over all aspects of air quality
- Customised solution for your building
- Air flow rates from 500-140,000m3/h
offers total climate control with free cooling for data centres
- Free cooling chillers specially designed for data centre applications
- Wide range of options customised to your requirements
- Superior energy efficiency: inverter control, heat recovery, free cooling
- Total control of comfort conditions