Apartments & collective housing
Daikin Altherma Flex Type
Daikin Altherma Flex Type: a centralised heating, hot water and cooling system for residential and commercial applications
Major energy savings
The Daikin Altherma Flex Type generates 2/3rds of the delivered heat from the air; a recognised renewable energy source, so it’s about three times as energy efficient as an A-rated boiler in moderate Western and central European climates. Compared with an oil boiler, it offers:
- Up to 36% lower running costs Data calculated taking into account Belgian conditions: Seasonal Co-efficient of Performance (SCOP) of 3; average energy prices 2007-2010; CO2 emission factor for electricity production
- Up to 71% fewer CO2emissions Data calculated taking into account Belgian conditions: Seasonal Co-efficient of Performance (SCOP) of 3; average energy prices 2007-2010; CO2 emission factor for electricity production
- Up to 35% reduction in primary energy use Data calculated taking into account Belgian conditions: Seasonal Co-efficient of Performance (SCOP) of 3; average energy prices 2007-2010; CO2 emission factor for electricity production
A flexible, 3-in-1 system
Daikin Altherma Flex Type heats, cools, and produces domestic hot water to deliver the ultimate in comfort for your building, all year round. Thanks to its heat recovery function, the system can heat up the domestic hot water tank up to 60°C using heat rejected from the cooling operation.
One outdoor unit can be combined with up to 10 indoor units (depending on the total combined output), in either a centralised or decentralised arrangement to suit the building’s requirements. Daikin Altherma Flext Type is a versatile, modular system, so every indoor unit can be combined with different kinds of heat emitters such as fan coil units, Daikin heat pump convectors, under floor heating, low temperature and high temperature radiators to suit your building.
Ideal for apartments and collective housing
The indoor units can be located in individual dwellings, such as apartments or collective housing, to create a de-centralised system for apartment heating. Each indoor unit can be operated independently, providing each property with individual control of heating, hot water and cooling, together with the heat emitters required for each apartment.
A modular solution for commercial environments
Alternatively, the indoor units can be located together in one central plant room, to create a centralised system suitable for a wide range of applications where a high volume of hot water is required, such as in spas, fitness centres, restaurants and schools. The centralised indoor units offer modular system scalability and capacity to meet the heating, cooling and hot water demands of the overall building and can be combined with a wide range of heat emitters e.g. fan coil units, heat pump convectors, under floor heating and radiators.
Heat recovery reduces electricity consumption
For further energy savings, heat absorbed while cooling an apartment or area of the overall building can be recovered and reused. Instead of simply being released outside, the recovered air can be used for hot water production or apartment heating – either in the same area or elsewhere – thus reducing the overall building’s electricity costs.
Award winning solution
Daikin Altherma Flex Type has been awarded:
- Ground and Air Source Power award at the Rushlight Awards 2011
- Innovation Award for Environmental Technology at the Environmental and Energy Awards 2011
- Product Innovation of the Year at the National Heat Pump Awards 2011
- A cascade heat pump extracts heat from the air and increases its temperature through two refrigerant cycles - to achieve 80°C flow temperature.
- Multiple indoor units can be connected to a single outdoor unit. Each indoor unit can operate independently of each other, assuring total flexibility.
The indoor unit and hot water tank can be adjacent or stacked above each other using a purpose built rack, to fit flexibly into the available space.
All the moving parts operate as silently as possible, thus ensuring that the heating, cooling and hot water system is barely audible.
With all hydraulic components pre-fitted and ready to be connected to the external piping, less time is required for configuration on-site.